Quinoa Quiche Bites
Quinoa Quiche Bites are simple, healthy, kid friendly, and best of all delicious! Perfect for a baby shower, brunch or lunch for the kids, they are extremely versatile because you can add the flavor combo that YOU love to the ingredient list. All you need is a mini muffin pan, a few ingredients, and a little creativity.. Get the kids in to the kitchen and involved with the process. Once you have created them, they are easy to place in to air tight baggies and freeze for later. Here’s a look at the details..
You will need:
- Mini muffin tin – greased
The base ingredients:
- 1 and 3/4 cups cooked organic quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup each of your two favorite fresh herb combo’s
- 1 cup of your favorite cheese, chopped
- 1 cup chopped of your favorite add ins
Here are a few ideas:
Mediterranean Quiche Bites = Mint, parsley, feta, kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes (serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping)
Mushroom Quiche Bites = Thyme, sage, fontina cheese and diced mushroom.
Pizza Quiche Bites = Basil, oregano, mozzarella, diced turkey peperoni and chopped tomato. (Served with pizza sauce for dipping)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all ingredients together well and distribute into your greased mini muffin tin, don’t be afraid to fill to the top.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Let cool and serve with your desired dipping sauce. Enjoy!