Wild Soy Ginger Cod and Quinoa
This recipe may sound a little complicated, but you will be happy to learn its actually simple. Delicate flakey cod takes in ginger and soy flavoring very well. Paired with the quinoa and sauteed greens .. its a meal you can be proud to serve your family! Let’s check out why..
Quinoa: It is a complete protein, which means that it contains all the amino acids necessary for our nutritional needs. Complete proteins are rare in the plant world, making quinoa an excellent food for vegetarians and vegans, or for anyone looking for healthy protein source. It’s also high in iron and calcium, and is a good source of manganese, magnesium and copper, as well as fiber.
Cod: A rich source of Vitamin B12 and B6. Cod is also known to bring down cholesterol levels, because it contains Niacin, which is another B vitamin. This vitamin plays a significant role in controlling the cholesterol levels in the body
You will need:
- organic quinoa
- 1 package Wild Soy Ginger Cod – 6 to 8 oz per person (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 box Ginger Soy Broth (Trader Joe’s) Or vegetable broth – 1/4 cup for bok choy and used in place of water for the quinoa preparation
- two bunches of baby bok choy
- ginger root
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- organic peanut or coconut oil for sauteing
- 1 bunch of scallions
- a few cloves of garlic
** Note – If you do not have a Trader Joe’s near you, no problem! In a large bowl or baggie combine these ingredients and marinate fish in this mixture for at least 1 hour.. If you do have a Trader Joe’s near you, this step is already done for you!!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup organic peanut oil
- 2 Tbs. organic coconut sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. peeled and grated fresh ginger
Prepare quinoa per package instructions. Instead of water, use the Ginger Soy Broth for cooking. Add some chopped scallion, diced garlic and ginger in the last few minutes of cooking. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bok Choy Preparation: